Insessional Support & Language Development is here to help you with your English language concerns and challenges! You might be in the UK or in a different country; we can still help you.
What we can help with:
- You might be finding it difficult to use English in class or for assignments.
- Maybe speaking in English is difficult, or understanding what you read, hear in classes or what other people are saying.
- Maybe your English is very good but you're not sure how to use the right style or write clearly and academically for assignments.
- Perhaps your pronunciation is difficult to understand (or other people's pronunciation is difficult for you!)
- You could have a presentation or seminar to prepare for, and find that you are very anxious about it.
- It's possible that you have an IELTS test to prepare for, and you're not sure how.
- You may just be looking for some resources to study with or a bit of conversation practice.
Please feel free to email email@example.com and ask for help. That's what we're here for!
Who, and how we can help:
In Sessional Support
We can provide help for international students on undergraduate and postgraduate programmes across the university. This includes General English, Pre-Sessional and International Foundation programme students, as well as first degree, Masters and pHd students studying any subject area. We can help groups or individuals.
We also offer one-to-one appointments to support your language development needs.
If a group of students would like help with the same language problems, we can organise live, online 'Workshop' sessions or, if this is not possible, provide helpful information for that group to access.
How you can work on your knowledge and skills at any time:
Please look at our 'Get online help now' pages for links to useful resources in the following areas:
- Academic English
- Business English
Don't wait until your assignment, class discussion or IELTS test is due; plan ahead, and ask for help when you need it. Good luck with your studies!