To make your preparations as smooth and stress-free as possible, please consider the following information.
If you would like to be collected from the airport, please fill out our online form.
- Accept your offer to study at York St John University
- Apply for your visa or confirm arrangements for your student visitor visa (if applicable)
- Confirm that your passport is valid and does not expire within 6 months of your arrival
- Ensure you have arranged for enough cash (in Pounds Sterling) to live on while you open a UK bank account (we recommend that you carry no more than £500 in cash for safety reasons)
- Book a seat on our Airport Collection Service using the online booking form (if applicable)
- Arrange medical, dental, and travel insurance (if applicable)
- Read the Border Force Top 10 Tips for Student Arrivals (doc, 14.3kB) document
- Ensure you have looked at the International Welcome and Orientation webpages and know when you will attend your Welcome Week sessions
- Confirm you have accessed your academic Welcome Week Timetable on the Student Homepage and know which academic sessions you should attend
- Pack the following in your hand luggage: passport, acceptance letter, necessary academic qualification certificates, accommodation confirmation letter and address, money, student visitor visa letter (if applicable)
- Tell your family/friends/loved ones how you will contact them upon arrival in the UK
- Confirm who to contact in case of an emergency
- Complete Online Enrolment
- Pack your personal items and arrange for your travel to the UK
|Semester 2 (2016)||25 January 2016 - 27 May 2016|
|September Arrivals Weekend and Airport Collection||10 & 11 September 2016|
|September Welcome Week||12 - 16 September 2016|
|Semester 1 (2016/17)||19 September 2016 - 13 January 2017|
|January Arrivals and Airport Collection Day||15 January 2017|
|January Welcome Week||16 - 20 January 2017|
|Semester 2 (2017)||23 January - 19 May 2017|
For more information on key University dates, please visit our key dates page.