Browser does not support script.

Study Abroad destinations

Hallym University

Chuncheon, South Korea

Hallym University was founded in 1982, and has 8 colleges and 6 schools.

It has a multi award winning library, sports facilities and is very student centred, with internationalisation at its core.

Chuncheon is located in the north of South Korea, 1 hour east of Seoul by train. It serves as the gateway as well as the capital of the province of Gangwon-do, and is a popular tourist destination. It has numerous lakes and rivers, and holds several festivals each year.

What you can study

CourseWhen you can study
Korean, TESOL and Linguistics BA 3rd year, full year
Korean, Intercultural Communication and Linguistics BA 3rd year, full year

Academic information

Choosing your modules

Examples of previous modules available at Hallym University can be found in these documents:

Academic calendar

The academic year is split into 2 semesters: 

  • Semester 1: August to December 
  • Semester 2: February to June 

Visit the Hallym University website for a full list of academic dates. 


Accommodation abroad

Hallym has on site campus accommodation, so any part of the campus can be reached within 15 minutes. You can find out more information on Hallym University housing pages.

Costs and visas


Funding is available to help you with study abroad costs. Please see our Funding page for more details.

Additional costs

This information is about additional costs of studying at this host university. Please be aware that prices are subject to change, and the list may not be exhaustive.

We recommend looking at the host website, as well as entry requirements for the country, to get a full understanding of the costs involved.

Students are required to pay into the National Health Insurance of Korea (NHIK). The cost of this (based on June 2022) is 55,630 KRW per month.

Students have to purchase an Alien Registration Card within 90 days of arrival into South Korea, which costs 30,000 KRW.

Students staying in university accommodation must pay for their accommodation within the first few days of the semester, in KRW as cash. Bank transfers from abroad are not possible.


Please make sure you have an up to date passport that expires no earlier than 6 months after you intend to return.

You will be provided with guidance and documentation from the partner university but it will be your responsibility to obtain the correct visa.

Neither the Study Abroad team here or at the partner university are qualified to offer consultations or detailed advice regarding visa applications. Immigration laws are complex and subject to frequent changes. So if you do have any visa-related questions you will need to contact the appropriate Embassy directly.

Cookie Settings