Browser does not support script.

Study Abroad destinations

Hokkaido University of Education

Hokkaido, Japan

Hokkaido University of Education is Japan's largest national teacher training college.

The University's headquarters are located in Sapporo, Hokkaido, and there are campuses in the five major cities of Hokkaido: Sapporo, Asahikawa, Kushiro, Hakodate and Iwamizama.

Since its establishment in 1949, the University has been a hub for promoting academic and cultural creativity. By offering beneficial information to regional society and providing extensive fields of learning, the University has large numbers of educators and other human resources to society.

What you can study

CourseWhen you can study
Japanese, TESOL and Linguistics BA 3rd year, full year
Japanese, Intercultural Communication and Linguistics BA 3rd year, full year

Academic information

Choosing your modules

You need to gain the following credits from your modules:

  • 12 to 16 Japanese credits per semester
  • 24 to 32 Japanese credits per year

More information on module choices will be available soon.


Accommodation abroad

You can find information on accommodation by visiting Hokkaido University of Education's housing page.

Costs and visas


Funding is available to help you with study abroad costs. Please see our Funding page for more details.

Additional costs

This information is about additional costs of studying at this host university. Please be aware that prices are subject to change, and the list may not be exhaustive.

We recommend looking at the host website, as well as entry requirements for the country, to get a full understanding of the costs involved.

Students are required to pay into:

  • Japanese National Insurance - approximately 20,000 JPY per year
  • Gakkensai (personal accident insurance) - approximately 1,000 JPY per year
  • Futai-Gakuso (comprehensive insurance) - approximately 1,860 JPY per year

A measles vaccination certificate is required for study abroad students studying at Hokkaido University of Education.


Please make sure you have an up to date passport that expires no earlier than 6 months after you intend to return.

You will be provided with guidance and documentation from the partner university but it will be your responsibility to obtain the correct visa.

Neither the Study Abroad team here or at the partner university are qualified to offer consultations or detailed advice regarding visa applications. Immigration laws are complex and subject to frequent changes. So if you do have any visa-related questions you will need to contact the appropriate Embassy directly.

Cookie Settings