Chiba University

Chiba, Japan

Which programmes can I study at Chiba University?

Japanese & Intercultural Communication BA (Hons) (2nd year of 3 year degree) 
Japanese & TESOL BA (Hons) (2nd year of 3 year degree) 
Japanese, English Language & Linguistics BA (Hons) (3rd year of 4 year degree)
Japanese, Intercultural & Contemporary Communication BA (Hons) (3rd year of 4 year degree)
Japanese, TESOL & Linguistics BA (Hons) (3rd year of 4 year degree)

 

Academic Information

Number of credits required: 12-16 Japanese credits per semester; 24-32 Japanese credits per year

More information on modules 

 

Academic Calendar

Semester 1 Mid September until Late January (approximate dates)

Semester 2 Early April until Late July (approximate dates)

More detailed term dates 

 

Accommodation abroad

Most international students attending Chiba University live in privately rented accommodations (apartments). Private accommodations can be found through University COOP or local real estate agents. You can also find basic information on finding and renting an apartment room at the website offered by the Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism.

Chiba University has an off-campus dormitory for international students  Note, however, that since the number of rooms is very limited, not all applicants can be accommodated.

More information on housing 

 

Accommodation in York (Semester exchange)

York St John University accommodation is guaranteed for the semester you are not abroad.

 

Visa

Please ensure you have an up to date passport that expires no earlier than six months after you intend to return. You will be provided with guidance and documentation from the partner university but it will be your responsibility to obtain the correct visa. Neither the Study Abroad team here or at the partner university are qualified to offer consultations or detailed advice regarding visa applications. Immigration laws are complex and subject to frequent changes. So if you do have any visa related questions you will need to contact the appropriate Embassy directly.

 

Insurance

Students are required to enrol in the Japanese National Insurance System which costs approximately ¥1,600 a month. NHI covers 70% of medical expense and an international student is responsible for the rest, 30% of the expense. Additionally, students are required to buy the accident insurance policies (about ¥1,500 for one year) which are offered at Chiba University.  

 

More Information

Visit the Chiba website 

Fact Sheet 2018/19 Chiba

Study abroad ambassador:

Sophie Ogilvie-Kellas, sophie.ogilvie-kel@yorksj.ac.uk 

Cookie Settings