Rikkyo University

Japan 

Which programmes can I study at Rikkyo University?

Japanese & Intercultural Communication BA (Hons) (2nd year of 3 year degree) 
Japanese & TESOL BA (Hons) (2nd year of 3 year degree) 
Japanese, English Language & Linguistics BA (Hons) (3rd year of 4 year degree)
Japanese, Intercultural & Contemporary Communication BA (Hons) (3rd year of 4 year degree)
Japanese, TESOL & Linguistics BA (Hons) (3rd year of 4 year degree)

 

Academic Information

Number of credits required: 12-16 Japanese credits per semester; 24-32 Japanese credits per year.

More information on modules 

 

Academic Calendar

Semester 1 Early September until early February (approximate dates)

Semester 2 Late March until early August (approximate dates)


More detailed term dates 

 
Accommodation abroad

Rikkyo University offers international students five dormitories in cooperation with external contractors by signing the rental contract. All the rooms are single and furnished. Prices vary and the fees will be charged per semester.

More information on housing 

 

Accommodation in York (Semester exchange)

York St John University accommodation is guaranteed for the semester you are not abroad.

 

Visa

Please ensure you have an up to date passport that expires no earlier than six months after you intend to return. You will be provided with guidance and documentation from the partner university but it will be your responsibility to obtain the correct visa. Neither the Study Abroad team here or at the partner university are qualified to offer consultations or detailed advice regarding visa applications. Immigration laws are complex and subject to frequent changes. So if you do have any visa related questions you will need to contact the appropriate Embassy directly.

 
Insurance

Students are required to enrol in the Japanese National Insurance System which costs approximately ¥1000 a month. NHI covers 70% of medical expense and an international student is responsible for the rest, 30% of the expense.

 

More Information

Visit the Rikkyo website 

 

Fact Sheet 2018/19 Rikkyo

Study abroad ambassadors:

Georgia Haines, georgia.haines@yorksj.ac.uk 

Ashleigh Thomas, ashleigh.thomas@yorksj.ac.uk 

Aleigha Oldham, aleigha.oldham@yorksj.ac.uk 

 

Cookie Settings