Study Abroad as part of your York St John degree
The Study Abroad programme is an enriching opportunity for you to experience living in another country whilst studying abroad at one of our partner universities. This popular programme allows you to spend a semester or a year abroad and earn academic credits that count towards your York St John degree, at no extra tuition fee or time.
Why Study Abroad?
- Broaden your international outlook
- Discover a different culture
- Enhance your university experience
- Gain a new perspective on your subject area
- Experience a different university lifestyle
- Make your CV stand out and enhance your job prospects
- Impress potential employers at interview
- Develop personal and employability skills: communication, flexibility, adaptability,
independence, confidence, organisational, cultural awareness, motivation
- Improve your language skills
- Gain an international network of friends
- Opportunity to travel, try new food, take up new hobbies
- It’s fun!
To hear more stories from students who have taken part or are currently taking part in Study Abroad, read the Study Abroad blogs.
Study Abroad facts
64% of employers think international experience is important for recruitment (37% in 2006).
92% of employers are looking for personality traits and skills boosted by spending time overseas.
Research shows that graduates with international experience are more likely to have more senior roles five years after graduation compared with graduates without international experience.