Experience student life in historic York and attend business-related study sessions on our city-centre campus.
If you're interested in learning more about the theoretical and applied aspects of business, this two-week programme is for you. Offered in the historic city of York, you'll experience a subject you enjoy while exploring a top UK tourist destination.
- Two-week programme
- Location – York campus
- Duration – Two weeks
- School – York Business School
2020 Summer School Dates
27 July to 7 August | 10 August to 21 August | 17 August to 28 August
This unique two-week opportunity is perfect for students interested in learning more about the theoretical and applied aspects of Business.
Global Guides will accompany you throughout your time here. They're current students who are keen to share their University experience with you. Our guides will show you around our campus, the city of York, and trips further afield.
Please note that flights, travel insurance and visa fees are not included in the course price.
On this programme you will:
- Attend business-related study sessions delivered by our experts on our city-centre campus.
- Work on a presentation informed by what you've learnt.
- Experience student life in York.
- Visit Yorkshire businesses link to the programme content.
- Visit local attractions and international landmarks.
Each day, in the morning, you'll participate in academic sessions which explore a range of business subjects.
Example sessions include:
- An introduction to some of York's Top 100 Businesses.
- Hospitality and Tourism in York: Roman and Viking histories.
- A financial analysis of the Yorkshire-based Theakston's Brewery.
- Managing People and businesses in the modern world.
- Understanding and managing the customer experience in York - a case study on York's Chocolate Story.
- Digital Marketing: social media and social listening - and analysis of the National Railway Museum.
- The fashion industry in York.
After lunch, we'll take you to a key attraction in York. This will allow you to apply the knowledge from the morning's session in a practical capacity.
Example trips include:
- A trip to the destination management organisation for York - Make It York. There you'll receive a talk from their Business Development Team.
- Visiting York's Jorvik Viking Centre.
- An afternoon at Theakston's Brewery for a talk from their management team.
- A tour of York's Chocolate Story.
- A trip to the National Railway Museum.
- An afternoon at York Designer Outlet with talks from the McArtherGlen company.
Humanities Summer School
Football Summer School
Education Summer School