Learn more about the theoretical and applied aspects of Education.
This two-week programme is for you if you're passionate about education and want to learn more. Offered in the historic city of York, you'll experience a subject you enjoy while exploring a top UK tourist destination.
- Two-week programme
- Duration – Two weeks
- School – Humanities, Religion & Philosophy
2020 Summer School Dates
8 to 19 June | 17 August to 28 August
On this programme you will:
- Experience student life in the heart of historic York.
- Analyse the English education system and study English language teaching.
- Learn more about the theoretical and applied aspects of education by attending education and language-teaching related study sessions.
- Attend education and language teaching-related study sessions at York St John University delivered by our experts.
- Find out about the variety of degree subjects we offer.
- Visit local attractions and international landmarks in the afternoon.
Each day, in the morning, you'll participate in academic sessions which explore a range of topics focused on education.
Example sessions include:
- The history of education and teacher training in York.
- The British education system
- Classroom management - instructions and group dynamics.
- Current issues in early years education.
- Lesson planning (TKT focus).
- Technology-enhanced learning.
- Language and literacy.
- Teaching learners with special educational needs.
After lunch, you'll take part in an on-site activity, practical session or a visit to one of York's key attractions. This will allow you to apply the knowledge from the morning's session in a practical capacity.
Example activities include:
- A visit to the York Castle Museum to experience the Victorian classroom.
- Observing Lessons.
- Practical sessions in our primary school rooms.
- Practical sessions in our IT suites.
- Access to the Rees-Williams collection of Victorian and Edwardian children's books.
- A day trip to Castle Howard.
- A guided tour of York Minster.
Business Summer School
Football Summer School
Humanities Summer School