Experience student life in historic York and attend psychology-related study sessions on our city-centre campus.
Our course covers aspects of psychological science, which may include human cognition, cognitive neuroscience, social psychology, and clinical and forensic applications. Our academic staff are active researchers, with a range of specialisms including memory and language, body image and bullying, social influence and psychopathology. Their research informs their teaching, so you will learn about contemporary advances in the field and develop the skills to conduct your own research. You will have access to specialist laboratories and equipment including EEG, virtual reality headsets and eye trackers. The focus on research and data analysis skills throughout the courses prepares your future studies and beyond
- Two-week programme
- School – School of Education, Language and Psychology
£1,700 per person
Summer School Dates
Our 2023 summer school will run for two weeks from 03-14 July.
This unique two-week opportunity is perfect for students interested in learning more about the theoretical and applied aspects of Psychology.
Throughout your time you will be accompanied by Global Guides, current students who are keen to share their University experience with you. Our guides will show you around our campus, the city of York, and trips further afield.
On this programme you will:
- Attend psychology-related study sessions delivered by our experts on our city-centre campus
- Work on a presentation informed by what you have learnt
- Visit Yorkshire businesses linked to the programme content
- Visit local attractions and international landmarks
- Enjoy a fully rounded experience of student life in the city of York
Each day, in the morning, you'll participate in academic sessions which explore a range of psychology subjects.
Example sessions include:
- Classic studies in Psychology
- Understanding evidence: science, myth and fake news
- Contemporary debates in psychological science
After lunch we'll take you to key attractions in York. This will allow you to apply the knowledge from the morning's session in a practical capacity.
Example trips include:
- Guided tour of York Minster – home of YSJ graduation ceremonies
- Thackery Medical Museum in Leeds, visit their imaginative and exciting galleries, from the history of healthcare to the advances that have shaped the way we look after ourselves, and each other
- Science and Media Museum, Bradford
- York Dungeons