Some Tier 4 visa-holding students are required to register with the Police after arriving in the UK. You can find more information about this process here.
Who needs to register?
Appendix 2 of the Immigration Rules states that nationals of the following countries must register with the police:
|Argentina||Cuba||Kyrgyzstan||Qatar||United Arab Emirates|
It should also say on your Entry Clearance vignette (the visa sticker in your passport) whether or not you need to register with the police.
How do I register?
- From 4 September 2017, students can now use the following link to register on line with the local Police.
- Select the Overseas Visitor Registration option from the list and then click the given link on the right-hand side.
- Follow the instructions when the page has loaded and click on the link in the first paragraph to access the on line form.
- Once your Police Registration Certificate is issued, although you have now done this on line, you will still need to book an appointment and collect it from the Police Station, e mailing a photo of the certificate to email@example.com.
- If you move accommodation you need to go to the Police Station with your certificate and update your address details.
If you have any questions about Police Registration or if you have a certificate to send, E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visa Advice Drop-in Sessions: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12.00pm-1.00pm at the Student Information Desk in Holgate.