Some Tier 4 visa-holding students are required to register with the Police after arriving in the UK. You can find more information about this process here.
Who needs to register?
Appendix 2 of the Immigration Rules states that nationals of the following countries must register with the police:
|Argentina||Cuba||Kyrgyzstan||Qatar||United Arab Emirates|
It should also say on your Entry Clearance vignette (the visa sticker in your passport) whether or not you need to register with the police.
How do I register?
- From 4 September 2017, students can now start the registration process online.
- Carefully read the information and instructions contained on the website above.
- The link to start the online application form is found at the bottom of the above web page.
- Once your Police Registration Certificate is issued, although you have now done this on line, you will still need to book an appointment and collect it from the Police Station, e mailing a photo of the certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you move accommodation you need to go to the Police Station with your certificate and update your address details.
If you have any questions about Police Registration or if you have a certificate to send, E: email@example.com.
Visa Advice Drop-in Sessions: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12.00pm-1.00pm at the Student Information Desk in Holgate.