When you apply for a Tier 4 visa from your home country it is called applying for Entry Clearance.
Once you have applied for and received your CAS, you can begin the process of applying for a Tier 4 visa.
When applying for Entry Clearance, you will need to provide (all original documents):
- Academic/English language qualification documents which are mentioned on your CAS (IELTS, transcripts, diplomas, degrees, and similar)
- Bank statements/evidence: you will need to show any un-paid tuition fees plus the equivalent of £9,135 GBP maintenance funds in your bank account for at least 28 consecutive days.
When applying for a Tier 4 visa, you will need to pay the following fees:
- Visa Application Fee (Standard Service): £348
- If you wish to use Priority Visa Service: £560
- Super Priority (Premium) Visa Service: £1,304
- Immigration Health Surcharge: this currently stands at £300 per year of study. This fee must be paid as part of the visa application process. Paying this will generate an IHS number for you which will give you access to the National Health Service in the UK.
Most students who apply outside the UK will also have to undertake a Credibility Interview as part of the application process. It is essential that students know detailed information about their programmes of study before undertaking a Credibility Interview. All students should find their course of study and view the programme specification, available through the York St John University website.
Tuberculosis Tests: students from these countries must provide TB test results when making a Tier 4 visa application.
The initial steps of the visa application are done online. You will need to visit this UK Visas & Immigration website page to create an account with AccessUK.
Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) Delivery in the UK
When your visa is granted in your home country, you will receive an Entry Clearance Vignette sticker in your passport. This is valid for 30 days and you must travel to the UK within that 30-day period. Once you are in the UK, you will need to collect your BRP card because this card is your visa for the duration of your course of study.
York St John University is an Alternative Collection Location for BRP cards, meaning that you can have your BRP delivered directly to the University instead of having to collect it yourself from a local Post Office. To have your BRP delivered to York St John University, you must enter our Alternative Location code when applying online for your visa. Our code is 2HE867.
IMPORTANT: e-Gates are now operational at UK airports. Please view this video to find out about who can and cannot use the e-Gates on arrival.
If you have any questions about making a Tier 4 application from outside the UK, E: firstname.lastname@example.org