Join York St John University
Make sure you're financially ready for university.
Apply for student funding, find out more about our scholarships, and learn how to prepare for budgeting and managing your own money.
Managing your money is a big part of university life. We're here to take you through the funding process and help you feel confident with your finances.
Apply for funding
If you are a student living or settled in the UK, you can apply for loans to cover your tuition fees and living costs. Applying for loans by 21 May 2021 will make sure that your application is processed in time for the start of your degree, although you can still apply after this date.
Scholarships and support
As well as loans, you may be able to access additional funding support and scholarships. Some of these opportunities include:
- NHS Learning Support Fund - for students on Nursing, Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy courses
- YSJ Scholars - scholarships for black and Asian minority ethnic students, estranged students, and care leavers
- Scholarships for students from low income families
Prepare over the summer
It's a good idea to get a headstart on your finances so that you are free to enjoy the start of your degree with no pressure.
- A summer job can be a great way to top up your bank account. If you can spare the time whilst studying then part time work can let you earn while you learn. Our Careers web pages can help you find employment relevant to your studies so you are building those employability skills at the same time.
- It's much easier to know what your budget will look like while studying if you can work out how much attending university is actually going to cost you. To start figuring out your budget, you can use a free online tool like Student Calculator to get a handle on your budget.
- At York St John we have an online money tool, Blackbullion, which offers you mini courses on topics such as budgeting, starting university, saving and lots more. You can register for free on the Blackbullion website by using the code YSJOD.
Get in touch with our teams
Ask us anything
If you have any questions about student funding or scholarships, email our Funding Advice team and we will be happy to help.
Live chat with us
Find out about student life. Join our live chat and talk to current students about their experiences.