Advance to Perform Programme
This student development programme is designed to improve employability.
The Advance to Perform Programme (APP Journey) is designed and led by experts. It allows you to measure and develop your employability by building the whole person in real time.
The APP Journey
You will start by measuring yourself on 6 key attributes. These have been identified as essential for entering the workforce or becoming an entrepreneur.
A Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) supported self-assessment will generate a personalised employability report. This report will highlight your learning priorities against each attribute.
Students will work through online support and university activities to improve self-awareness, emotional intelligence and confidence in each attribute. Through our online APP Journey tracking system, students can record, track and reflect on their progress.
At the end of the APP Journey, students will retake the same MBTI supported self-assessment to measure the impact of the APP program.
View the APP journey by downloading our APP Journey Poster (PDF 0.5MB)
The Advance to Perform Award
To complement our Advance to Perform Programme, we have created the APP Award. This award helps you reflect on your employability journey. It acknowledges your hard work and dedication to building the ‘whole person’ to advance your professional goals.
All the careers activities and events students complete during their time at YSJ can count towards the APP Award, including:
- Booking Career Planning Sessions
- Participating in an Inside Look Program
- Attending Career Week Events
- Attending a Career Fair in York or London
- Joining University Events (Masterclass, Workshop, Industry Speakers etc.)
- Attending external industry events
- Completing a placement, short internship or industry Project
- Volunteering opportunities
- Any part-time employment in London