The Assessment Team, led by Assessment Team Manager Helen Bowie, supports all of the work in the University associated with assessments, awards and progression.
The Assessment Team also provides support to the University's Board of Examiners for Progression and Award and to the School Assessment Panels (SAPs).
Assessment policies and information
- Policy on Assessment (ASS01) (DOC 0.1 MB)
- APL APEL Assessment Implications (ASS08) (doc 34KB)
- Disability and Assessment (PDF, 0.2MB)
- Exceptional Circumstances
- Framework for the Assessment of Taught Awards
- Generic Assessment Descriptors - Undergraduate (PDF, 16.5 kB)
- Generic Assessment Descriptors - Postgraduate (PDF, 13.9kB)
- ILU Policy & Procedure (PDF, 51.1kB)
- ILU Proforma (DOC, 75.9kB)
- Late or non-submission of work
- Marking, Feedback and Moderation (ASS14b) (DOC, 67.5 kB)
- Overlength Work
- Retention of Student Work (ASS11) (DOC, 33.5 kB)
- Study Abroad - Mark Conversion
- Summative Assessment Processes (PDF, 79.1 kB)
Assessment deadlines will be set for 12pm midday as standard University practice and will not be set on a day that the University is closed.
Results, progression and award
- When and how are module marks released
- Re-assessment and Progression
- Resitting Modules
- Rules for Progression at Levels 4 and 5
- Rules for Level 6 Resits
- Postgraduate Resits
- What are the degree classifications?
- How are 10 and 20 credit modules weighted?
- How are the classifications calculated?
- Degree Classifications (PDF 0.3MB)