Research on Neurodiversity, Wellbeing and Counselling (RNWC)
This is a cross-disciplinary research group based at York St John University.
Research on Neurodiversity, Wellbeing and Counselling (RNWC) combines expertise in knowledge, research and practice related to building more enabling psychological environments in a number of contexts.
Areas of interest include:
- Absorption and flow experienced in neurodivergent populations
- Future thinking and mental wellbeing
- Therapeutic relationships
- Understanding the lived experience of marginalised groups
- Understanding traumatic events
- Identity, stigma, and mindfulness
We have regular monthly meetings where we discuss and present our research. Our network includes a number of external organisations and also links in with the Psychology@York St John seminar series.
Associate Professor and Associate Head of School: Psychology
Professor of Counselling Psychology