York St John University is committed to providing excellence in academic practice and offers a wide range of research opportunities.
We provide a wealth of expertise and a supportive and stimulating environment in which to conduct your studies. The University has a vibrant and developing research community, with research students working in, and across, a variety of disciplines.
Below, you will find links to support you with the application process, please note that cross-school supervision is welcome; and there are currently no studentship opportunities available for application.
If you have any queries on the application process, please contact Admissions.
The University is commited to providing excellence in academic practice together with a supportive and stimulating environment in which to conduct your studies. This is characterised by:
- Excellent supervision by a supervisory team
- A dedicated Graduate Centre providing research students with space for studying and socialising
- Access to research networks
- Possibilities for supervised involvement in teaching
- Relevant training in both research and teaching methodologies
- Access to appropriate facilities to support research
Having been granted research degree awarding powers, with effect from 23 March 2015, all research qualifications awarded are degrees of York St John University and are therefore subject to the relevant policies.
We accept new research students on the 1st of February, June or October each year. We strongly recommend that applicants make their applications as early as possible (and at least three months before their preferred start date).