This is a new award designed specifically for professionals whose context is religious, but who are not necessarily involved in ministry.
Religious leaders from non-Christian backgrounds or people working in para-religious organisations such as faith-based charities or NGOs may prefer an award that recognises the more broadly religious character of their work.
This award allows you to explore a very wide range of religious practice, including religious leadership in particular faith traditions, as well as the place of religion in society more generally.
What makes it a professional doctorate award is the requirement to like research to some sort of practice in these areas.
At York St John we have experts in areas such as:
- Religion in the Public Sphere;
- Public Theology;
- Religion, peace and reconciliation;
- Religion, politics and international relations;
- World Christianity (with an emphasis on Asia);
- Judaism in contemporary contexts;
- Islam in contemporary practice;
- Contemporary religious communities.
To apply, please click the 'Professional Doctorates' tab on our Application Links webpage, which will connect you to the relevant online application system.