At York St John University, we aim to support early career researchers to continue to grow and develop their research identity, become more experienced, and establish themselves in their academic field.
Early-career researchers should find the following training and support schemes useful:
- Vitae Researcher Development Framework Planner to help you identify areas of development needs. To access the Planner email Dr John Rule (email@example.com);
- Research Skills Development Programme to help you develop transferable skills and focus on particular areas of development needs (e.g. research funding applications, public engagement, publications, etc.);
- Support for external funding applications;
- Catalyst Funding to organise academic conferences or workshops and networking events. The Fund will be open to applications in Summer 2017 for events in 2017/18;
- Writing retreats for an opportunity of a structured focused time to work on a project. The retreats provide a chance for peer review in a friendly atmosphere, discussions of the joys and trials of research, and networking with colleagues across the University;
- Research Mentorship Scheme to help you develop your research plans, tackle different research issues, and grow as an independent researcher.
To discuss your research development needs please contact your School Research Lead (SRL) or the Head of Research Development, Dr Victoria Carpenter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|School Groupings||School Research Lead||Emails|
|School of Art, Design and Computer Science||Dr Vanessa Corbyemail@example.com|
|School of Education||Prof Matthew Clarkefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|School of Health Sciences||Dr Alison Laver-Fawcettemail@example.com|
|School of Humanities, Religion & Philosophy||Prof Pauline Kollontaifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|School of Languages & Linguistics||Prof Helen Sauntsonemail@example.com|
|School of Performance & Media Production||Prof Matthew Reasonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|School of Psychological & Social Sciences||Dr Stephen Gibsonemail@example.com|
|School of Sport||Dr Andy Hillfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|York Business School||Dr Peter Wattemail@example.com|