Location work (inc. travel)

Filming on or off campus

Information to follow

Staging an exhibition

Information to follow

Staging a dance, music or theatre performance

Information to follow

Travelling to location filming

Download the pdf here Transport procedures (PDF 0.4 MB)

Travelling to performance venues

Download the pdf here Transport procedures (PDF 0.4 MB)

Working front of house

If at any point you are asked or choose to work front of house during a performance then you will need to undergo a specialist induction in this area. Speak to your module tutor or one of the technicians who can arrange this for you.

Carrying out an independent filming project

If you are a Film & Television Production student and are thinking of carrying out an independent project, i.e. not something that is part of one of your modules, and would like to use University resources (cameras, editing suites etc.) you will initially need to speak with a member of Technical staff to discuss the project. Final agreement will need to be given by your Head of Programme.

Before meeting you will probably find it helpful if you can think about the following areas and write a draft proposal. This doesn't need to be overly specific as long as it gives an overview of what you are aiming to achieve; this will help to decide if it is feasible or not.

  • What equipment will be required?
  • How are you planning on editing it?
  • Who is involved (both internal and external)?
  • What is your current module workload? Do you have time to film it now?
  • Do you have insurance?
  • Are you working for a client?

Cookie Settings