If you are a Media Production student and are thinking of carrying out an independent project, i.e. not something that is part of one of your modules, and would like to use University resources (cameras, editing suites etc.) you will initially need to speak with a member of Technical staff to discuss the project. Final agreement will need to be given by your Subject Director.
Before meeting you will probably find it helpful if you can think about the following areas and write a draft proposal. This doesn't need to be overly specific as long as it gives an overview of what you are aiming to achieve; this will help to decide if it is feasible or not.
- What equipment will be required?
- How are you planning on editing it?
- Who is involved (both internal and external)?
- What is your current module workload? Do you have time to film it now?
- Do you have insurance?
- Are you working for a client?