There are a number of specialist spaces.
Please click on your programme area for details of each space. If you wish to use any space outside your programme area, please discuss it with a member of your Technical Staff or Jonny Woolsey (Head of Technical Services).
Make sure you follow these Dos and Don'ts when using any space and always ask if you're unsure:
- Ensure you have had the correct training / induction;
- Wear footwear appropriate for the activity i.e. no flip-flops or high heels when operating equipment;
- Make sure you know where the fire exits are and that they're kept clear at all times;
- Ensure you have completed the relevant risk assessments;
- Keep and leave the spaces clean and tidy;
- Be aware of others who may be working around you;
- Report any damage to one of the technicians immediately;
- Use extractor fans and vacuums to keep dust levels down as much as possible when working in the Art & Design workshops;
- Take regular breaks whilst working, especially in performance rehearsals, and keep hydrated;
- Report any accidents to a member of staff immediately;
- Wear the appropriate safety equipment for rigging etc.;
- Evacuate immediately if the fire alarm sounds for more than 30 seconds or told to do so by a member of staff.
- Work in any space whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Work alone in any space;
- Stand on chairs or tables to gain access to anything out of reach;
- Consume any food or drink in any space; only capped bottles of water are permitted;
- Hold loud, amplified rehearsals until after 5pm and then only with the windows closed;
- Remove any furniture, equipment or props from a space without consulting a technician first;
- Leave any rubbish in the space, use the bins provided;
- Introduce any equipment into the space without first having it tested for electrical safety by one of the technicians;
- Use any flammable liquids, hazardous substances, pyrotechnics, chemicals or smoke effects in any space;
- Leave valuables or personal property unattended, lock the room if you need to leave or take the items with you;
- Prop open fire doors.