Senior Lecturer - Business Information Technology
York Business School
T: +44 (0)1904 876779
I am a Lecturer in Business and Information Technologies. I am currently reading a PhD in Education at Centre for Educational Studies, University of Hull.
I have knowledge and experience in both Business and IT fields. Before joining the Business School, I have worked at a commercial bank in China, at the University of Hull, and the University of York for the past 10 years as Web Designer, Web Master, Project Officer and eLearning Advisor. I have also worked in the York St John Business School as a Visiting Lecturer.
- First Year: ICT and Study Skills
- First Year: Foundations of Business Information Systems
- Final Year: eBusiness
- Final Year: Developing Web Applications
- PGCE Secondary Programme: Module Director/Subject Lead for PGCE Computer Science
My research mainly focuses on using the learning technologies to support student independent learning at the H.E. level. I am also interested in areas such as learning theories, e-Pedagogies, and critical thinking.
- Certified Membership of Association of Learning Technology (CMALT)
- Google apps for Education Qualified individual
- Microsoft Office Professional (Excel, PowerPoint)
- SEDA (Association for Staff and Educational Developers) Supporting Learning with Technology (SLT) and Embedding Learning Technologies (ELT)
- I have led a number of eLearning projects to explore the use of learning technology to improve the student learning efficiency and the collaborative learning. I have presented her findings in both the University of York learning and teaching conferences, and the Higher York eLearning conference.