Course Leader - Accounting and Finance
York Business School
T: +44 (0)1904 876359
Qualifications: BA (Hons) (Staffordshire) | MA (Huddersfield) | ACA | FHEA
I am the Course Leader for undergraduate programmes in Accounting and Finance:
- Accounting and Finance
- Accounting and Business Management
- Business Management and Finance
I am a lecturer in Accounting and Finance. I am a qualified accountant with over ten years' experience of teaching in Higher Education including the University of Huddersfield, York University and the International Study Group in Leeds. At present I teach across a range of undergraduate programmes specialising in financial accounting, management accounting and auditing.
- I teach on the undergraduate Accounting and Finance and Accounting and Business Management route with a focus on Financial Accounting, Auditing and Corporate Governance.
- At post graduate level I teach on the International Corporate Governance module.
- I undertake Dissertation supervision at MA and Undergraduate level.
My research interests include the role of school governors in primary schools.
- Associate of The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Chair of Governors of a local primary school
- Sarah previously worked as an accountant and auditor for a medium sized accounting practice in Huddersfield.
Primary school headteacher recruitment and selection in England: the processes and the problematic aspects. James, C., Fitzgerald, S., Fellows, T., Goodall, J., Costas Batlle, I. & Jones, J. 9 Oct 2018 In : School Leadership and Management. p. 1 - 18 18 p.
- Responsibility for financial management in primary schools: Evidence from an English local authority. Management in Education