Director of Marketing and External Engagement
York Business School
T: +44 (0)1904 876785
Qualifications: AFHEA | 2016 - PhD - University of Leeds | 2015 - Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy - York St John University | 2012 - Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice - York St John University | 2010 - BA (Hons) 1st class Business Management and Marketing - York St John University
I am a Lecturer in Management at York St John University, teaching on the undergraduate programmes. My research interests include heritage management, the marketing and branding of heritage destinations, tourism stakeholder relations, destination image and the use of space within destinations.
I have lectured at the University of Huelva in Andalucía and am currently working with Visit York, the local tourism agency, in the marketing department assisting with data analysis and working on the “York Pass” for the City
I teach across a range of marketing and tourism related modules, including consumer behaviour, marketing communications, cultural and heritage tourism, responsible tourism and destination marketing. I also work on the International Foundation Programme, supporting our international students to prepare for their degree at York Business School. I have also taught on both the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes at the University of Huelva as part of our staff Erasmus exchange.
Understanding luxury brand purchases by millennials through application of generational cohort theory.
This research project is partly funded by York St John University’s ‘Student as Researchers’ scheme. With this support, Dr Chen Ren and I, are working in collaboration with two York Business School postgraduate students.
- I am a member of the Academy of Marketing.
- I am involved with tourism in the city of York, offering consultancy advice to tourism businesses in York and working with Visit York assisting on projects such as the York Pass.
- Biggins, R. and Paddison, B. (2016) Advocating Community Integrated Destination Marketing Planning in Heritage Destinations: The Case of York, Journal of Marketing Management (In review).
- Advocating Community Integrated Destination Marketing Planning in Heritage Destinations: A Working Paper on the Case of York’, Academy of Marketing, Newcastle Business School, Northumbria University, July 2016, (Winner of Best Paper in Track).
- ‘An Exploration of the Challenges and Opportunities of Community Engagement in the Development of Heritage Tourism’, DySES: Dynamics of Socio-Economic Systems, International Conference, Faculty of Tourism and Finance, University of Seville, Seville, September 2014.