Through studying this part-time programme at York Business School, you will gain a full BA (Hons) in Management and Leadership and the Chartered Management Institute Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management all while earning a full time salary.
Introduction and special features
As the global business environment continues to become increasingly competitive and challenging, businesses need to be more innovative, take more risks and develop sustainable business models that serve their customers and have a positive impact on society’s well-being. The award aims to provide you with a critical understanding of the management of organisations and the role of business in contemporary society.
Studying this program provides the opportunity to study for a degree that aides your long-term career prospects, whether you are working in a large corporation or a small business, or the public or private sectors you will need to possess an understanding of how organisations operate and how skilled managers can contribute to their success.
Management is also about people, and we will enable you to develop your skills as a leader and / or a manager of other people. Our degree provides you with an insight in how managers work to meet organisational objectives. Alongside this knowledge you will also develop the skills you will need to be effective in a managerial role.
- A focus on management which will provide the knowledge and skills you will need as a manager
- Accreditation by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) giving you a professionally recognised qualification alongside your degree. You will also be eligible for the post-nominal letters of ACMI (Associate Member of the Chartered Management Institute) following completion of the course. Graduates with the appropriate level of management experience can apply for MCMI (Member of the Chartered Management Institute)
- Blended approach to teaching and learning which will provide you with a range of online materials and on-campus workshop support
- Focus on work based learning
- Range of assessment methods used to mirror organisational based activities
- Use of ‘real life’ (live) projects in assessments linked to your organisation
- Excellent personal and academic support. You will be allocated an academic tutor to support you throughout the programme
The aims of the programme are to:
- Provide a challenging, integrated programme of study that equips you with a sound general knowledge of organisations, their management and the global environments in which they operate.
- Provide you with the opportunity to focus on particular aspects of management relevant to their backgrounds, interests and career aspirations through a choice of work based project activities.
- Facilitate the development and demonstration of intellectual skills of information-processing, analysis, synthesis, critical appraisal, creativity and innovation and the ability to manage and make decisions in situations of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Enable you to develop management competences and research skills to enhance employability and support career advancement.
- Enable you employee to be a graduate who is able to improve the quality of management decision-making, leadership and business practice across a range of organisations and in a variety of contexts.