Degree and higher apprenticeships are a new government initiative enabling employers to access significant funding towards the cost of a degree apprenticeship.
From May 2017, organisations with a payroll of over £3 million will be required to contribute to the apprenticeship training levy via HMRC. Businesses not paying the Apprenticeship Levy are also eligible to receive one-off payments and a 90% contribution towards study costs. So whatever the size or turnover of your company, you can make use of this new government scheme to offer your employees the opportunity to develop high level, highly sought-after skills and knowledge.
Benefits to your organisation
- Develop and up-skill your workforce in a cost-effective manner
- Recruit and develop ambitious and motivated students
- Increase your retention by offering your workforce the chance to develop
- Tailor apprentice's learning to your business requirements
- Develop high levels of expertise within your team
- Motivate and retain your existing employees – with no age limit
- Keep your business up to date with employees who have the latest industry knowledge
- Train and recruit apprentices to fill higher-level skill gaps