Presented each day by Laura Kreiling, Erasmus Mundus Students and Alumni Association
Summary of the day Summary of the day - Laura Kreiling presentation (9MB)
Short term: immediate after conference
Research fields agreed for Social and Solidarity Economy Research Platform among 11 universities worldwide: Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Colombia, Cuba, Mexico, Peru, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom, Zambia:
- Social and solidarity economy and local development practices.
- Social and solidarity economy education impact.
- Social and solidarity economy regulating ethical relationships.
- Open resources and practices of communication in social and solidarity economy.
Medium term: 2/6 months after the conference
- Integrate HEInnovate tool, introduced by Juliet Edwards, European Commission Public Policy Officer, to the Social and Solidarity Economy Handbook: Chapter 8, Universities and ecosystems.
- Implement the action plan agreed for the social and solidarity economy research platform 2015-2020 platform.
Long term – 12 months after conference
European and Latin American universities have asked to be part of the 2nd edition of the handbook for 2016-2017, adding chapters that are related to their expertise.
Other outcomes and impact based on the aims the conference are evidenced in the following statements for:
(i) exchanging research, studies and examples of best practice in the field;
(ii) sharing the findings of the social and solidarity economy handbook;
(iii) opportunities to learn about innovative contexts and the capabilities necessary to develop and foster effective collaborations (taken directly from delegate evaluations).
- I am more knowledgeable about social enterprise and the role that post secondary institutions play.
- Building new partnerships and influencing another continent with my work.
- It has given me a wider understanding of social enterprise and what is possible when you think differently.
- I have already thought about how I can influence the use and support of social enterprises in my work.
- I made important contacts and learned new things that will help me think about my next step in working life or a possible research career.
- It was a solid benchmark of what I am already doing and opens up to possible new projects.
- It has opened my eyes to a new emerging movement - the solidarity economy movement.
- It has made me reconsider the way the values of the social and solidarity economy can pervade everyday life, not necessarily through direct enterprise, so these values will continue to inform my actions all the more.
- My work will integrate - i will be exploring links for students from [country] to Europe and from Canada and UK to [country]. - I want to contribute the links to African philosophies of communitarianism / Ubuntu to social economies.
- I'm currently about to work with ..... to find ways to disseminate the knowledge and contacts I've gained from this conference amongst my fellow students.
- I have more resources/ insight to teach on solidarity economics, in my Social Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Modules; the connections with our workshop participants have already led to some beginning collaborations.
- The conference has shed light on the notion of social entrepreneurship as well as helping me familiarise with the concept of a social and solidarity economy. The resourcefulness and the numerous possible alternatives to our current global economy has motivated me to carry out further research into the field.
- Participar en la conferencia me ha hecho más consciente desde mis hábitos de consumo hasta la manera en que mi trabajo puede generar efectos transformadores aunque sea en pequeña escala.
- Ha cambiado muchas cosas en mi manera de visualizar la economía social solidaria y el trabajo de las universidades.
- En un alto grado! En la conferencia, pude tomar conciencia de nuestra realidad económica dominada por un sistema capitalista neoliberal. También me di cuenta de que todo ello se puede cambiar mediante pequeños y poderosos pasos, tales como el consumo de productos locales!!
- La primer influencia ha sido re-descubrir la riqueza de propuestas y desafíos que nos propone la ESyS, que en la cotidianeidad del trabajo olvidamos.