Your student ID card will last for the duration of your study at the University, and as such it:
- identifies you as a student of York St John University
- is your University Library Card – you will need it to access Library resources
- is required when entering for examinations, collecting payments or other official documents.
Uploading your photograph
We require from all new students a passport-type photograph. Please visit the Student Account Creation page to submit your photograph online. If you have any difficulties with this, please e-mail your photo to IDCards@yorksj.ac.uk.
Your photograph must be a recent passport style picture. The image should:
- Be a recent colour photo
- Be of you alone (no other people or pets)
- Be taken against a pale background
- Show you facing forwards with your head and shoulders in the photograph (80% of the photograph should be your head and shoulders)
- Show your full face
- If you wear glasses, show your eyes clearly and avoid glare on the lenses
- Be in jpeg format (filename.jpg)
- Be at least 300px x 300px in size, which is approximately 3cm x 3cm at a resolution of 250px/inch
Photos should be similar in nature to a passport photo and will remain on your ID card for the duration of your course. It may be useful to refer to the Government's guidance on passport photo requirements.
If the photograph you send in is deemed unsuitable we will need to ask you to submit another - this can result in a delay in completing your enrolment.
If you have any questions, please contact Registry by email IDcards@yorksj.ac.uk or telephone 01904 876757.
Collecting your card
Please upload your photo as far ahead of enrolment day as possible (allow at least 3 working days) so that, if you are due to attend the enrolment session, your card is available for you to collect. You will then be able to enjoy access to all facilities such as the Library immediately. If you are not required to attend an enrolment session, your card will be sent to you.
Please do not delay: a delay in producing your student ID card may result in your being unable to fully access Library resources.