If you wish to appeal an academic decision, the following procedure explains how to do so. Please use the appeal form provided. You must submit all medical and other evidence with your appeal form. It is not sufficient to tell us that the evidence is available on request.
(The following documents open in Word or as .pdf files).
- Appeal Procedures (PDF 89.2KB)
- Appeal Form (DOC, 70KB)
- Appeal to Vice Chancellor (DOC, 68.2KB) (to be used only to seek a review of an initial appeal decision)
- Appeal Flowchart (PDF 40.4KB)
York St John University is committed to giving its students the best learning experience it can. It prides itself on being a responsive and supportive organisation and in listening to its students. We recognise that sometimes you may encounter problems. The policy and procedure below explains how to submit a complaint and what will happen. Please use the complaints form provided
- Complaint Procedure From 2018/19 (PDF 0.1MB)
- Formal Complaint Form (DOC 72.6 KB)
- Complaint Review Form (DOC 69.6KB)
Archived documents can be found here:
- Complaints procedure 2017/18 [Archived]
- Complaint Procedure 2016/17 [Archived] (PDF 273KB)
- Archived appeal procedures from 2015/6 (PDF, 0.3MB)
- Archived Complaints Procedure from 2015/6 (PDF, 0.3MB).
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.