Domestic Services consist of a team of over 50 staff, who service all buildings on the YSJU main campus, Haxby Road Sport Centre and selected YSJU managed student accommodation. The main domestic office is located on the Lord Mayors Walk campus, in St Anthony’s House.
Our hardworking, motivated and efficient workforce are dedicated to providing a high standard of cleaning services across York St John University campus. The domestic team’s focus is to contribute to the success of the University, by creating an environment which is comfortable and aesthetically pleasing for University students, employees, and visitors.
The Domestic team are responsible for the day to day cleaning of all areas within the University campus. Duties include toilet cleaning, emptying of bins, dry and damp mopping, and cleaning of fixtures, fittings and windows.
What we do
- Vacuum office floors
- Clean accessible work surfaces, ledges and skirting boards
- Vacuum corridors and stairwells
- Internal windows will be cleaned where necessary
- Refill dispensers (hand soap, toilet tissue etc.)
We do NOT
- Clean computer screens, keyboards or computer equipment
- Move personal belongings
- Clean boards in offices or corridors
What you do
- Clear up spillages immediately
- Ensure spaces are clear of belongings if cleaning required
- Provide, clean and clear your own cutlery and crockery
- Ensure food waste and other waste is disposed of in correct bins
- Report faults or damage to email@example.com
On the main Lord Mayors Walk campus, most of our cleaning is carried out either early in the morning, or early evening in order to minimise the disruption to office and teaching areas.
Student accommodation is generally cleaned between 9.00am and 2.00pm. Cleaning days are specified on the rotas displayed in each kitchen area.
A cleaning rota should be displayed in the kitchen nearest to your workspace. This will give details of the cleaner and domestic team leader responsible for your area and outline their weekly schedule.
All incidents that warrant a deep clean (carpet shampooing, body fluids etc.) or need replacement stock, should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org or call facilities helpline on 01904 876666.
All pest control reports should be made aware to email@example.com or call Lisa Tutill on 01904 876026.
Any surplus waste or large bags or rubbish can be removed by the Porters team. Call them on 6032 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange collection.
Confidential waste must be contained appropriately and can be collected by the Porters Team. Call them on 6032 or email email@example.com to arrange collection.