Class of 2020
Support for 2020 graduates
Practical help and resources to provide continued support after your studies.
As you make plans for life after university, we are still here to support you.
We know the world is a different place, with changing and less certain opportunities. Our graduate support provides practical help and resources to help you take your next steps, whatever they may be.
As a 2020 graduate you have access to the following support:
- Careers advice and graduate-focused events
- Class of 2020 Graduate Programme
- Cathedrals Group Careers Fund
- Mental health support through Together All
- Alumni benefits and services
- Discounts on further study
We will continue to add to this support package. Check this page for the latest updates.
Access careers advice and events
You have lifelong access to LaunchPad Online. On here you can see job listings and graduate internship opportunities. Our Careers Advisers will continue to give you expert advice and guidance.
By signing up to LaunchPad Online you can:
- Book a careers appointment online to plan your next move
- Attend employer webinars
- Find online events to help you with applications
We can also support you if you want to start your own business through our Grad2Director and Grad2Freelancer programmes.
Cathedrals Group Careers Fund
Apply for a bursary of up to £750 to help with things such as:
- Accessing a short course to enhance you skills
- Access to equipment to help in your job search
- Health and wellbeing
- Getting work experience
- Transport costs
- Starting your own business.
Please read the Class of 2020 Graduate Careers Fund leaflet carefully to find out what you need to put in your applications, more details on what you can apply for and when you will hear if your application has been successful.
To apply the fund please send either a short video of no more than 5 minutes, or a single side of A4 (600 word limit) to CG.Careerfund@yorksj.ac.uk
Application deadline: Friday 27 November 2020
Find support through togetherall
You have graduate access to togetherall for free online mental health and wellbeing support. It is a safe and anonymous space, monitored 24/7 by trained professionals.
By registering with Together All you can:
- Share your thoughts and feelings in a supportive community
- Work through a selection of courses, with professional support on hand
- Access tools and techniques to help you manage your mental health.
Explore alumni benefits
As an alumni of York St John University you have access to a wide range of benefits.
Continue to study
As a graduate from York St John University you can get a discount on further study with us. If you continue studying with us next year you can get a fee reduction of up to 50%, depending on your degree award.