Fees and funding for Postgraduate students

Information for students applying for our Postgraduate taught courses

This section includes information about tuition fees for taught Postgraduate degree applicants. We can also help you find funding for your studies through scholarships or funding bodies. If you have any questions, you can speak to a member of our Student Funding Advice Team on: +44(0)1904 876939

Tuition Fees

You'll find tuition fees listed on the relevant course page. If you're studying a Research degree you'll find more information on the Research degree fees page here.

York St John University Alumni may be eligible for reductions to their tuition fees. Click here for more information.

Paying for your Postgraduate degree

Postgraduate Master's Loan

A Master's Loan can help towards course fees and living costs while you study a Postgraduate Master’s degree. Find out your eligibility and the amount you could get on the Government website

Funding for Master's Loan is different if you live in WalesNorthern Ireland and Scotland.

If you’re an EU national, but don’t normally live in England you may be able to get a Master's Loan for a master’s course at a university or college in England.

Doctoral Loans are also available, more information is available on the Government website

If you have a disability, including a mental health condition or specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia or dyspraxia, you might be able to get Disabled Students’ Allowances. These don’t have to be paid back and you don’t have to be eligible for a loan to apply.

Funding for PGCE students

The Government offers bursaries for UK and EU students enrolled on Initial Teacher Training courses.

The amount you are entitled to will depend on the classification of Undergraduate degree you have received and the subject your PGCE focuses on.

The Student Funding Advice Team have more information about funding your PGCE. Get in touch with them on: +44(0)1904 876939 or

Cookie Settings