All our support services are here to help our students make the most of their experience here at York St John University, not only by assisting in any problems they may be having but by also offering opportunities for students to develop new skills to enhance their CV.
The hub for student support is the Holgate Student Centre where you will find all of Student Services. Student Services work in partnership with students to help them make informed decision on various matters based on information, advice and guidance provided in different formats. We have the following teams under Student Services:
- Student Information Desk, who provide initial advice and guidance and can arrange appointments with any of the specialist teams in Student Services. They also have links with departments outside of Student Services and can give details on these.
- Student Funding Advice Team can provide information on government and York St John funding including; the Aspire Scheme, budgeting and our online money education tool, Blackbullion.
- Wellbeing Team, provide a counselling service as well as wellbeing advisers who specialise in helping students with mental health problems and advice and guidance on private housing.
- Disability Advice Team, who support those with a disability and can also help with applications for Disabled Students Allowance and arrange for support workers.
- Student Success & Engagement Team, who run programmes for all students to assist them in making the most of their time here at York St John. They also have an Assistive Technology Trainer and Widening Participation Adviser.
- Study Development Team, who provide help to students with writing development, identifying ways to improve work by offering advice and tuition on studying and writing strategies.
- International Student Support, who can provide tailored advice and guidance to international students.
The Student Information Desk should be the first point of call for any student with any issues or problems they may be experiencing. The Student Information Desk is situated at the centre of campus in the Holgate Student Centre. During term time the helpdesk has the following opening hours:
Monday 8.30am - 5.30pm
Tuesday 8.30am - 5.30pm
Wednesday 10.00am - 5.30pm (later opening due to staff training)
Thursday 8.30am - 5.30pm
Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm
The Student Information Desk can also be contacted by phone or e-mail:
T: 01904 876477
Please remember that we cannot talk to parent/carers about any individual students. Please use this information to encourage students to use the services provided and seek advice.
If you want to find out more information on Student Services and individual services then please visit the Student Services webpages. You will also find links on this page to other departments outside of Student Services, including Accommodation. The Student Information Desk is also able to put students in contact with these departments.