Early start programme
Fun and varied events help students who are autistic or have Asperger's adjust to university life.
We recognise that starting university can be a challenging time if you have identified yourself as on the autism spectrum or Asperger’s or simply find social interactions and communicating with others difficult.
The early start programme helps you adjust to university life. You will be able to take part in a variety of interesting and fun activities which will introduce you to university life and study.
What we do
- Organise an early move-in date for students living in university accommodation
- Social activities, introductions and ice-breakers with free food
- An opportunity to talk to existing students and ask them questions about their experiences
- Interactive workshops on study skills and independent living
- An alternative guided tour of York
- Organise an alternative Fresher’s Week with loads of fun (autism-friendly) activities in the evenings
If you have identified yourself as on the autism spectrum on your UCAS form we will send you some information about our Early Start Programme and the alternative Freshers’ Week. You will then be sent a written invitation to confirm your place once you have your A level results.