This programme will involve you in a demanding process of personal and leadership development, through engagement with project work for your own and/or external businesses.
- York St John University
- Course fees
- 2019 - 20 Full-time Home & EU students: £6,500, International (non EU) students: £12,750 per annum
- Full-time & Part-time options available
- Start date
- September 2019
- York Business School
The programme offers opportunities to reflect upon, evaluate and apply key Leadership and Management theories and concepts as well as encouraging creative and innovative thinking in the application of relevant management models. As you progress through your studies you will not just be taught academic theory related to the subject. You will be encouraged and supported to develop skills that will prepare you for developing your career in management, especially related to leadership and management.
The curriculum has been carefully designed to ensure that there is a balance of theory to application and that there regular opportunities for you to engage with the world of business. There will be regular guest input from business professionals, case studies and projects in modules that will allow you to apply your knowledge of the theory to a range of real-world business scenarios.
The overall aim of the programme is to develop you as a potential manager and leader with a sound understanding of the skills necessary to undertake a management or leadership role. You will:
- develop a critical, reflective and integrated understanding of Leadership and Management within a context of business sustainability, corporate social responsibility and ethics, helping you undertake effective roles within business organisations as part of a wider strategic team.
- be provided with opportunities for advanced study and practical application of the key concepts and concerns within business including the importance of coaching and mentoring in the development of business strategy and organisational culture.
- develop your self-awareness. This is grounded on positive and critical attitudes towards culture, diversity, change management and conflict management. The framework is created around the role of management and leadership in the context of a dynamic and vibrant business and management environment.
- be provided with the opportunities to apply theory into practice within complex environments, systematically and creatively in order to improve the use of Leadership and Management skills through project work with the MBA students and personal research.
- develop and enhance your lifelong learning skills and professional development in order to work with self-direction and originality.
Modules may include:
- Researching Contemporary Business Issues
- Business & Sustainability
- Leadership & Management
- People Management
- International Business Strategy
- Organisational Change & Culture
- Leadership & Management Coaching
- Project Management
- Research Investigation
Further information on this course is available in the programme specification. Please note that the programme specification relates to course content that is currently being studied by students at the University. For new programmes, the programme specification will be made available online prior to the start of the course.
York St John University works hard to create an inclusive environment for all our students. We offer a range of disability advice services to assist students throughout their studies.
UK/EU students require a first degree achieved at Class 2:2 or above from an approved University or Institution or possess an equivalent qualification.
Non-UK/EU students whose first language is not English will be required to achieve IELTS 6 or above with no less than Band 6 in writing skills, or equivalents accepted by the University.
For part-time students who are in employment careful counselling will be given so that they understand that this is a pre-experience programme.
Terms and conditions
Our terms and conditions, policies and procedures contain important information about studying at York St John University. These can be accessed through our Admissions webpages.
Visit York St John.
Discover life as a York St John student by visiting us. You’ll be able to explore our beautiful city-centre campus, meet our friendly staff and find out more about your chosen course.Visit us
Fees and funding
UK & EU 2019 / 20
The tuition fee for 2019 entry to this postgraduate course is £6,500 for full-time UK/EU, Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man students.
For part-time options, see the Fees & Funding webpages for more information.
Postgraduate Loan: A Postgraduate Loan is now available to help you pay for your Master’s course for students commencing in the 2019-20 academic year. Find out more about the postgraduate loan.
Overseas 2019 / 20
The tuition fee for 2019 entry to this postgraduate course is £12,750 for international students.
Due to immigration laws, International Students on a Tier 4 visa must be studying full-time. For more information about Visa requirements and Short-term study visas, please visit the International Visa and Immigration webpages.
How to Apply
You can apply directly to the course via our Apply Now links. Please select the variant of the course that you intend to undertake (e.g. full-time or part-time) as the link will take you to a customised form for the specific course. You will need to create a login and password and complete the online form. Please contact two referees in advance of submitting your application as an automated request will go out as soon as you submit, and your application will not be reviewed until both references are in place.
Applications for January 2018 must be submitted and completed by 29 January 2018.
Applications for September 2018 must be submitted and completed by 5 October 2018.
Ask a question
Do you have a question about this course? Fill out our form to send a question to our Admissions team. Alternatively, you can call us on 01904 876922.