This programme will involve you in a demanding process of personal and leadership development, through engagement with project work for your own and/or external businesses.
- Course fees
- See Finance webpages
- Full-time & Part-time options available
The programme offers opportunities to reflect upon, evaluate and apply key Leadership and Management theories and concepts as well as encouraging creative and innovative thinking in the application of relevant management models. As you progress through your studies you will not just be taught academic theory related to the subject. You will be encouraged and supported to develop skills that will prepare you for developing your career in management, especially related to leadership and management.
The curriculum has been carefully designed to ensure that there is a balance of theory to application and that there regular opportunities for you to engage with the world of business. There will be regular guest input from business professionals, case studies and projects in modules that will allow you to apply your knowledge of the theory to a range of real-world business scenarios.
The overall aim of the programme is to develop you as a potential manager and leader with a sound understanding of the skills necessary to undertake a management or leadership role. You will:
- develop a critical, reflective and integrated understanding of Leadership and Management within a context of business sustainability, corporate social responsibility and ethics, helping you undertake effective roles within business organisations as part of a wider strategic team.
- be provided with opportunities for advanced study and practical application of the key concepts and concerns within business including the importance of coaching and mentoring in the development of business strategy and organisational culture.
- develop your self-awareness. This is grounded on positive and critical attitudes towards culture, diversity, change management and conflict management. The framework is created around the role of management and leadership in the context of a dynamic and vibrant business and management environment.
- be provided with the opportunities to apply theory into practice within complex environments, systematically and creatively in order to improve the use of Leadership and Management skills through project work with the MBA students and personal research.
- develop and enhance your lifelong learning skills and professional development in order to work with self-direction and originality.
Modules may include:
- Researching Contemporary Business Issues
- Business & Sustainability
- Leadership & Management
- People Management
- International Business Strategy
- Organisational Change & Culture
- Leadership & Management Coaching
- Project Management
- Research Investigation
UK/EU students require a first degree achieved at Class 2:2 or above from an approved University or Institution or possess an equivalent qualification.
Non-UK/EU students whose first language is not English will be required to achieve IELTS 6 or above with no less than Band 6 in writing skills, or equivalents accepted by the University.
For part-time students who are in employment careful counselling will be given so that they understand that this is a pre-experience programme.
If you do not meet the stated entry requirements above, the University APEL policy may be utilised for entry to the programme where necessary and appropriate. The programme may use this system to allow entry for post-experience professionals who have been in management for at least two years. This is likely to involve the submission of evidence of professional competence (an assignment) and an interview as part of the recruitment process.
UK & EU 2016 / 17
Overseas 2016 / 17
See our International fees & funding webpages for more information.
Ask a question
Do you have a question about this course? Fill out our form to send a question to our Admissions team. Alternatively, you can call us on 01904 876598.