Our Research community
A world-leading research centre. A unique and supportive community
York St John University is renowned for its community feeling. Our campus is small so it's easy to become known amongst other leading researchers and find yourself constantly inspired.
When you join our diverse community, you'll be a name not a number, exploring and making a difference to real world issues with research that improves the world around us.
As a York St John University research student you will be supported through:
- Access to our Research Skills Development Programme and Writing Retreats.
- Use of our multidisciplinary Graduate Centre, so you can collaborate and meet people across disciplines.
- Free attendance at (and the chance to present at) the annual Research Reflections and Postgraduate Research Conferences.
- Opportunities for PhD candidates to undertake teacher training and get involved in teaching within the University.
- The opportunity to work within established Research Groups, such as the International Centre for Community Music (ICCM), Language and Identities in InterAction (LIdIA) and the Heritage and Arts Visitor Research Collaborative (HAVRC).
- Access to (and chance to be involved with) public lectures hosted by the University on a huge range of topics. We regularly participate in the Ebor Lectures, York Festival of Ideas and York Literary Festival.
Find out more about life as a Postgraduate Student at York St John University or How to Apply for a Research degree