We have a wide range of sports facilities (especially for such a small uni!) and they're still growing. From climbing walls, cricket pitches, tennis courts and even a York St John boathouse, there's something for everyone.
- York St John student sport park - a 57 acre sports site which includes a sand based floodlit synthetic turf pitch for football and hockey and a 3G floodlit synthetic turf pitch for football and rugby. There are also cricket pitches, netball and tennis courts and a sprint track.
- The next phase of our £7m investment in sport and wellbeing facilities will be the creation of a sports centre at our Student Sport Park. Scheduled to open in September 2016, the centre will house sports courts, gym facilities, changing rooms and multi-use teaching and conference space.
- Sports hall on campus with climbing wall, four badminton courts and provision for netball, volleyball, basketball, cricket, badminton and five-a-side football.
- Fully-equipped Fitness and Conditioning Suite on campus, offering cardiovascular, fixed and free weights. This suite has been accredited under the Inclusive Fitness Initiative (IFI) for its commitment to offering opportunities that enable disabled people to become physically active.
- Weekly fitness classes from Zumba and circuits to yoga and pilates. These are designed for all abilities on a pay-and-play basis.
- Qualified instructors to help you make the most of your training.
Our Sports Park
Only a ten-minute walk from campus, our brand new facility on Haxby Road houses sports courts, gym facilities, changing rooms and multi-use teaching and conference spaces.