We have a wide range of sports facilities (especially for such a small uni!) and they're still growing. From a climbing wall, cricket pitches, tennis courts and even a York St John boathouse, there's something for everyone.
- The Nestle Rowntree Park Sports Campus is a 57-acre sports site which includes a sand-based floodlit synthetic turf pitch for football and hockey and a 3G floodlit synthetic turf pitch for football and rugby. There are also cricket pitches, netball and tennis courts and a sprint track.
- This £7m investment in sport and wellbeing facilities includes a sports centre at the Nestle Rowntree Park Sports Campus which opened in autumn 2016. The centre houses sports courts, gym facilities, changing rooms, a state-of-the-art strength and conditioning suite and a multi-use teaching and conference space.
- There is also a Sports Hall on campus with a climbing wall, four badminton courts and provision for netball, volleyball, basketball, cricket, badminton and five-a-side football.
- There is a fully-equipped Fitness and Conditioning Suite on campus, offering cardiovascular, fixed and free weights. This suite has been accredited under the Inclusive Fitness Initiative (IFI) for its commitment to offering opportunities that enable disabled people to become physically active.
- Weekly fitness classes from Zumba and circuits to yoga and Pilates. These are designed for all abilities on a pay-and-play basis.
- Qualified instructors are on hand to help you make the most of your training.
Our Sports Park
Only a ten-minute walk from campus, our brand new facility on Haxby Road houses sports courts, gym facilities, changing rooms and multi-use teaching and conference spaces.