In the heart of the UK, York is really well placed if you want to get involved in big city life or if you want to retreat to the countryside. York is easily accessible by public transport and is easily accessible by air, road and rail.
- Yorkshire is the largest county in the UK, with stunning natural scenery and some great cities it’s one of the country’s top destinations for tourists
- York is situated on the East Coast Main Line, Edinburgh is just 2.5 hours to the north and London is 2 hours south
- The Megabus stops off at York, with fares as low as £1 you’d be mad not to use it
- Big cities like Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle and Sheffield are all easily accessible by train
- Get a day pass on the city’s bus network at student rates plus there’s a termly or annual card available too for York St John students
- If you want to get away from it all and jet off to exotic locations then it’s only a quick train journey to Manchester Airport and Leeds Bradford Airport is easily accessible from Leeds by bus