COVID-19 safety at Open Days
Find out how we are making our on-campus Open Days COVID-19 secure.
Our Open Day on 13 August will follow this structure:
- If you have not pre-booked a place on our Open Day, you will not be allowed to enter the event.
- Each Open Day will be divided into two sessions (AM and PM), with a limited capacity of pre-booked guests for each session. All guests at the morning session will be asked to leave the campus at the end of the session, and there will be a gap before the afternoon session begins to allow for further cleaning and control over guest numbers.
- The number of additional guests allowed to attend with prospective students has been limited to make sure as many prospective students as possible are able to attend. One parent, carer, friend or partner per student is permitted, unless special permission has been granted (for example, for medical or caring reasons - please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request special permission for additional guests).
- We will be encouraging 2 metre social distancing in the busiest areas on campus, for example queues for entry and for campus tours. Our lecture rooms have been returned to pre-Covid capacity limits, but we have kept a cap on the overall numbers booked onto the Open Day to make sure that no sessions become too full. We encourage all guests entering lecture rooms to leave a gap between groups and wear face coverings if you are able to.
- Our busiest talks will be live streamed across multiple rooms to make sure staff and visitors stay safe. Tickets for live streamed talks will be provided when you sign in so that you know which room to arrive at.
- Track and Trace QR codes will be situated at various locations on campus for staff and visitors to check into using the NHS app. We encourage all guests to check in to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the event of positive cases linked to the Open Day.
- A small number of rooms at two of our accommodation sites will be open to view on the day. Viewing will be as part of a walking tour led by a member of staff. Tour groups will have restricted numbers and will be filled first come, first served. Timings of the walking tours will be available in the online Open Day programme around 1 week before the event.
- Snack bags will be provided free of charge for all guests, but seating is limited so these may need to be consumed off campus. Please be considerate of others if eating on campus and leave a distance between groups in the picnic area.
Increased safety measures will be in place across our campus, including:
- A one way system and designated queuing and seating areas
- Handwashing facilities and sanitisation stations available around campus
- All rooms where talks are being held will be cleaned between sessions
- Communal areas such as toilets, door handles, lift buttons and so on will be cleaned regularly
- All staff and visitors will be encouraged to wear face coverings inside buildings on campus, in accommodation sites and on buses to Haxby Road Sports Park, unless an exemption lanyard is visible. If you forget to bring a mask with you, we will have clean disposable masks available for you to use.
To make sure that our Open Days run smoothly and all our visitors, students and staff are kept safe, we ask visitors to do the following:
- Please read all information included in Open Day email updates carefully.
- Do not travel to the Open Day if you have any of the following symptoms:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
- Do not travel to the Open Day if you have recently had a positive COVID-19 test result or if you have been asked to self-isolate.
- If you or a member of your party tests positive for COVID-19 within 7 days of attending our Open Day, please inform us at your earliest convenience by emailing email@example.com.
- If you have booked to attend both the morning and afternoon session, please note that you will need to leave campus after the morning session and sign in again when arriving at the afternoon session.
- Please wear a face mask around campus (unless you are exempt) and practise good hand hygiene during your visit.
- Follow the one way system around campus and any markings to keep social distancing in place.
- Adhere to social distancing guidelines and be aware that our staff will politely remind guests to do so.
- Please be respectful of the guidance we have in place, and the other visitors to our Open Days.
- Please be respectful towards our staff members, including our student ambassadors who will be working at the Open Day.