COVID-19 safety at Open Days
Find out how we are making our on-campus Open Days COVID-19 secure.
Our summer Open Days on 24 July and 13 August have been planned according to the current social distancing restrictions.
Here is how we plan to keep our Open Days COVID-secure, and make sure that all of our guests, staff and students are safe.
Our Open Days on 24 July and 13 August will follow the same structure:
- If you have not pre-booked a place on our Open Day, you will not be allowed to enter the event.
- Each Open Day will be divided into two sessions (AM and PM), with a limited capacity of pre-booked guests for each session. All guests at the morning session will be asked to leave the campus at the end of the session, and there will be a gap before the afternoon session begins to allow for further cleaning and control over guest numbers.
- The number of additional guests allowed to attend with prospective students has been limited to make sure as many prospective students as possible are able to attend. One parent, carer, friend or partner per student is permitted, unless special permission has been granted (for example, for medical or caring reasons - please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request special permission for additional guests).
- 2 metre social distancing will be in place throughout our campus, including in rooms where subject talks will take place. This may mean that for our most popular talks, seats will be given to prospective students as a priority.
- All visitors will be asked to complete track and trace documentation and scan in to lecture rooms on entry.
- Accommodation sites will not be open to visit on Open Days as a safety precaution. Staff from our Accommodation team will be available to chat on the day instead.
- 'Grab and go' lunch and refreshment bags will be supplied to visitors but must be consumed off campus as we will be unable to accommodate all guests in seating areas at the events.
Increased safety measures will be in place across our campus, including:
- A one way system and designated queuing and seating areas
- Handwashing facilities and sanitisation stations available around campus
- All rooms where talks are being held will be cleaned between sessions
- Communal areas such as toilets, door handles, lift buttons and so on will be cleaned regularly
- All staff and visitors will be asked to wear face masks inside buildings on campus.
To make sure that our Open Days run smoothly and all our visitors, students and staff are kept safe, we ask visitors to do the following:
- Please read all information included in Open Day email updates carefully.
- Do not travel to the Open Day if you have any of the following symptoms:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
- Do not travel to the Open Day if you have recently had a positive COVID-19 test result or if you have been asked to self-isolate.
- If you or a member of your party tests positive for COVID-19 within 7 days of attending our Open Day, please inform us at your earliest convenience by emailing email@example.com.
- If you have booked to attend both the morning and afternoon session, please note that you will need to leave campus after the morning session and sign in again when arriving at the afternoon session.
- Please wear a face mask around campus (unless you are exempt) and practise good hand hygiene during your visit.
- Follow the one way system around campus and any markings to keep social distancing in place.
- Adhere to social distancing guidelines and be aware that our staff will politely remind guests to do so.
- Please be respectful of the guidance we have in place, and the other visitors to our Open Days.
- Please be respectful towards our staff members, including our student ambassadors who will be working at the Open Day.