Help and support during your studies
As a York St John student, you will have access to a range of support services to help you make the most of your time with us.
We know that your path to university is unique.
Our inclusive campus is a place we are proud of due to the many different backgrounds, aspirations and needs of our students.
There should be no hurdles between you and your education, so we are committed to providing any physical, emotional and psychological support you may need.
Student support services include:
- 1 to 1 study support
- Group study support
- Workshop programme for improving study skills
- Welfare and wellbeing advice
- Disability advice - Students with long-term conditions or disabilities can contact the disability advice team for support.
- Success programmes for care leavers, estranged students, sanctuary scholars and trans students.
- Specialist training in specific study skills software
- On campus medical centre.
Use the links below to find out more about the support you can access as a York St John University student.
All faiths are recognised and respected at York St John. Our chapel is a multi-faith space open to all. It includes a prayer room, quiet room and peace garden. We celebrate many different religious festivals on campus, and the Chaplaincy team includes Faith Advisors who, between them, represent most of the major world religions. They are here to support and encourage you, engage in dialogue and promote understanding.