Find out what it’s like to be a student at York St John University by attending one of our Open Day events. Speak to our students about life in York, tour our beautiful city-centre campus and talk to tutors from all our subject areas about what you’re interested in studying.
There will also be talks on areas such as finance, accommodation and support so you can find out about everything we offer on one day.
Open Days for 2018 will be announced in February.
What happens on an Open Day?
Open Days run from 9.30am – 4.00pm on the above dates, we advise that you pre-book your place in advance.
An Open Day is your chance to find out more about York St John University, the campus, the city and most importantly the course which you’re interested in studying. You’ll be able to speak to academic and support staff, as well as current students, to get your questions answered.
At each Open Day we run the sessions listed below. You can also find out more on the Plan Your Day section.
- Information Marketplace – including stands representing all academic departments, Student Services, Accommodation, Finance, Admissions, Study Abroad and Mature Students
- General Information Sessions – talks include an introduction to York St John University, student life, student funding, student support, mature learners and applying to university
- Subject Talks – each department will offer a talk about their courses, these may also include a tour of facilities such as studios, labs or classrooms
- Campus Tours – led by our Student Ambassadors who can give you an insight into what it’s really like to study at York St John University
- Accommodation Tours – these run throughout the day at all of our Accommodation sites, we recommend that you choose one to focus on as these are off campus (a maximum 20-minute walk or by free shuttle bus)
We also recommend that you take time to explore the beautiful city of York, which is just over the city walls opposite campus. Choosing where to go to university is a big decision, as you’ll be spending at least three years there, so get to know what this fantastic city has to offer! You can also find out more about what our students recommend in the city in our Student Life guide.
If you have any more questions check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.
What If I Can’t Make An Open Day?
- Campus Tours – these run most Wednesdays and Thursdays and are led by Student Ambassadors, booking is essential as tours only run when booked in advance
- Subject Showcase Days – these events are aimed at Year 12 students (or equivalent) who are wanting to try out a subject they’re looking at studying at university
- UCAS and Careers Fairs – our Student Recruitment Team regularly attend a number of Higher Education Fairs and school events throughout the year
- Mature Students – if you’re looking to return to study you’d be welcome at an Open Day. If you’re unable to make these we also run bi-monthly Twilight Sessions, which take place in the evenings, and are aimed at giving specific information for mature learners
Please note that Open Days are for undergraduate programmes and PGCE Primary only. Foundation Degrees, PGCE Secondary and other postgraduate programmes will not be represented at Open Days but may have their own alternative events throughout the year, please see our Events Calendar for a full list of current events.