Initial Teacher Education placement providers
Documents for providers of Initial Teacher Education placements
Key priorities for the Primary partnership
- Increase student teacher confidence and competence for TS2 – Pupil Progress with a focus on progress for all learners.
- Increase student teacher confidence and competence for TS5– Differentiation including , those who have special educational needs, are disadvantaged and the higher attaining pupils.
- Increase student teacher confidence and competence for TS6 – Monitoring and Assessment with particular reference to how assessment can be used to adapt teaching to maximise pupils’ progress).
- Increase student teacher Student completion (and maintain recent improvements) on the PGCE University centred and School Direct routes.
- Increase student teacher confidence in relation to systematic, synthetic phonics particularly those on the Upper route (including both discrete and applied phonics).
- To develop the quality (and perception of) student assessment and feedback.
- To action a revised mentor and link tutor development strategy.