Digital training and support
Courses and qualifications
Hands-on, practical IT training to improve your skills, confidence and employability.
Book IT Skills courses on our York campus
Digital training are running over 200 workshops across a wide range of software. They are one-hour, hands-on courses on our York campus, including:
- Courses to support getting started with York St John IT as well as making documents accessible and taking Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) tests.
- Microsoft 365 apps including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Bookings and Outlook.
- Creative courses in video and podcast creation, along with Adobe apps such as Photoshop and InDesign.
- Portfolio tools PebblePad, Mahara and Maytas Hub, and WordPress for websites.
- Research tools including Qualtrics and NVivo.
See our Digital Training Software Courses Brochure (PDF, 0.7 MB) for details of the contents of courses and links to book.
If you would like to see our upcoming courses, see All Digital Training Courses.
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
Microsoft Office Specialist certification is recognised worldwide as demonstrating the skills needed to get the most out of Microsoft 365 and Office 2021 applications.
The certificates demonstrate a good understanding of the workings of Office software such as Word and Excel. The GMetrix software allows you to work towards taking MOS tests at your own pace. You choose which test to practice for and take at the York campus. Microsoft Office Specialist training and certification is available for free to staff, students and alumni of York St John University.
To sign up or get more details, contact email@example.com.