How to apply
A step by step guide for international student applications.
Guide to applying
Research your course
Look through the course pages on our website and find the one you want to study.
Make a note of the course title for your application. If you are applying through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) you should also make a note of the UCAS code.
Make your application
There are 3 ways to apply for a course:
YSJ Country Offices
York St John is fortunate to have country offices around the world. Our expert teams can help you with the entire process, from initial application through to finalising your student visa.
They provide these services free of charge, including essential document verification checks to assist in ensuring you receive a timely response to your application.
You can find out if we have a office in your country by visiting our individual country pages.
If you are applying from the following countries, you must submit an application through our country offices:
Sri Lanka (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Direct to York St John University
If we do not have a Country Office in your region, please apply by completing our direct application form.
You will be able to create an application login, then search and apply for your chosen course.
This form is for students applying for:
- Undergraduate courses
- Postgraduate courses
If you're applying for postgraduate study you can also use the online application form which is found on each of the individual course pages. Visit the postgraduate courses list to find the course you are interested in.
You will need to upload the following as part of the application process:
- Statement of Purpose/ Personal Statement
- Clear scans of your Official qualifications: certificate and transcripts where appropriate (translated into English where necessary)
- Proof of English Language level
- Academic references - signed, dated, stamped and on official letterhead
- Copy of passport photo page and any previous UK visas
Please be aware that we cannot accept direct applications from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Nigeria and Ghana. We require all applications to be processed through our Country Offices. Please see your Country page for further information on this.
Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS)
The application fee for 2023 entry is £22.50 for a single choice, or £27 for more than one choice. Register and log on to apply by visiting www.ucas.com.
UCAS applications open annually on 1 September and the deadline for equal consideration of all applications is 15 January the following year. We will still consider applications made until 30 June, when UCAS closes.
When you apply through UCAS you will need:
- York St John's UCAS code: Y75
- The UCAS code for your course
- To pay for this service. The application fee for 2023 entry is £22.50 for a single choice, or £27 for more than one choice
- When submitting an application through UCAS, if you are an International applicant, we also require clear scans of the above documents to be forwarded to email@example.com for processing. Your application cannot be assessed by the University until we receive these documents. Please ensure that you submit these documents with your 9 digit Student Reference number
Receive your offer
If your application is successful, you will receive an offer to join the York St John University family.
We may ask you to provide supporting documents as part of the conditions of your offer.
If you have questions about entry requirements or how to apply then get in touch with our International team.