We are immensely proud to join the growing network of universities that offer scholarships to students who have sought refuge in the UK, in collaboration with the Article 26 Project.
We want to make a positive contribution to the world we live in. We believe that our community is made richer by welcoming students from culturally diverse backgrounds. We recognise that these students have shown remarkable strength, resilience and commitment so each year we offer Sanctuary scholarships to them.
The Sanctuary scholarship includes:
- A full tuition fee waiver
- £1,000 per year towards the costs of study
- 1 to 1 personalised support.
Before making an application for a Sanctuary scholarship please ensure you meet the criteria listed below.
You must meet at least 1 of these criteria:
- You are seeking asylum in the UK. You will need an active asylum case to apply.
- A dependent or partner is seeking asylum in the UK. They will need an active asylum case for you to apply.
- You have been granted Discretionary or Limited Leave to Remain or some other form of temporary status.
- A dependent or partner has been granted Discretionary or Limited Leave to Remain or some other form of temporary status.
You must also meet all of the following criteria:
- You have a conditional or unconditional offer for 2021 entry on an undergraduate or postgraduate course at York St John University.
- You are currently attending a school, college, community or voluntary group which can provide a reference in support of your application.
- You are unable to access mainstream funding such as student finance or a local authority grant.
- You live within commuting distance of York St John University.
- You do not require support for living expenses or accommodation.
If you have any questions about your eligibility please contact email@example.com.