Converge: education for recovery
We provide courses for adults who use mental health services.
This autumn term we will be offering courses by a variety of teaching methods so that all students can apply to participate. Please note that not all methods will be available for every course.
Teaching may be offered by:
- Distanced learning (DL) where course materials are posted to a home address with no online interaction.
- Online learning (OL) where the class takes place on Zoom or Moodle with telephone or online support.
- Remote or mixed learning (RML), a mixture of online and on campus learning. Classes take place on campus and are broadcast to students who do not wish to come onto the York St John site.
- On campus learning (OCL) where face to face classes take place on the York St John campus with the university's COVID-19 regulations in place.
Our courses help you develop skills in a supportive educational environment. You have the freedom to be creative, challenge yourself and discover new abilities.
Most courses take place at York St John University. Courses are taught by staff, students and people with particular expertise and their own experience of mental ill health.
Applying for a course
You can attend a Converge course if you are an adult (18 and older) and you:
- Receive current support for a mental health issue
- Have experienced mental health issues in the past
Courses are free of charge. They take place during term time and vary between 4 and 10 weeks in length. You can apply for a course throughout the year.
Film and media
Theatre and performance
Who we are
Our work with the community
Find out about the history of Converge. Discover our ongoing work to improve access to educational opportunities.
Students from YSJ can volunteer with Converge as participants or in a leadership role.
We work with local, national and international partners to provide rich educational opportunities.
Converge Evaluation and Research Team (CERT)
We offer bespoke evaluations of mental health services and community projects.