You must be registered to the Library's Accessibility Support Service to access Royal National Institute for Blind People (RNIB) Bookshare.
RNIB Bookshare provides textbooks and materials in a range of accessible formats.
It opens up the world of reading in education for learners with a print-disability, including those with dyslexia, who are blind or partially sighted, or are otherwise disabled in a way which means they cannot use printed materials in the same way as a non-disabled person.
You can use RNIB Bookshare to find the books you need in a format that works for you.
Request a RNIB Bookshare account
We can create individual RNIB member accounts so you can search RNIB Bookshare for items on your reading list as well as other books which may be useful for your modules.
You can request an RNIB Bookshare Account when you sign up for the Library and Learning Services Accessibility Support Service. If you are already registered with Accessibility Support Services, you can use our RNIB Bookshare sign up form.
You can use RNIB Bookshare in the following ways:
On your computer
- Go to RNIB Bookshare and log in with your RNIB Bookshare login details.
- Use the search bar to find a book you need.
- Select your file format using the drop-down box and click 'Download'.
On your device
- Download the Dolphin EasyReader app from the Apple App Store or Google Play store.
- Create an account with Dolphin EasyReader and log in.
- Choose 'RNIB Bookshare' from the list of services and log in using your RNIB Bookshare details.
- Use the search bar to find books and download them to use inside the reader. The reader gives you lots of options to customize the formatting of your reading experience.