Work-based, vocationally-driven courses
Our Degree Apprenticeships offer you the opportunity to gain a degree whilst getting valuable workplace experience.
We work with employers to co-design a learning programme that best fits the needs of the industry. You then benefit from this cutting-edge and highly relevant training during your work-based apprenticeship; all underpinned by the rigorous subject knowledge of an Undergraduate qualification.
Apprentices will typically work full-time and study part-time. Our courses will test your academic learning and your workplace capabilities, whilst ensuring that you are offered industry-specific training and support throughout your learning.
You will normally be offered a salary for your apprenticeship and will not have to pay course fees.
Our apprenticeship programmes:
Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship
(graduate with BA (Hons) Management & Leadership)
- Blended learning (a mixture of block and online learning) typically delivered over three years.
- Suitable for new recruits to management positions and developing aspiring/existing managers already in employment who do not have a relevant management degree.
- Multiple starting points during the year: October, January, April, July.
- 2-year fast-track option available (subject to experience and accredited prior learning).
Data Scientist Degree Apprenticeship
(graduate with BSc (Hons) Data Science)
Through extensive national consultation with employers, the University has developed a programme that will enable apprentices to provide valuable resource within a competitive, challenging global business environment. Studying at our York or London Campus, apprentices can work within the following areas:
- Statistics and data analysis
- Computer Science
- Mathematical Foundations
- Modelling and Systems
- Communication and Visualisation
- Applications and business context
- Interdisciplinary and integration
The programme is led by Dr Pierre-Philippe Dechant.
Laboratory Scientist Degree Apprenticeship
(graduate with BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science)
This four year degree programme underpins the Laboratory Scientist Degree Apprenticeship standard and provides work-based solutions for workforce development and training.
Developed with employers, the programme incorporates interactive learning, on-site academic support and short teaching blocks in the summer.
It supports individuals wanting to progress their career, covering relevant roles in the life science supply chain from research through development and into manufacturing.
The Degree Apprenticeship is delivered by onsite including tutorials, practicals and workshops in addition to some self-directed learning via the University's e-learning platform, Moodle. Moodle will also be used to document your 20% off the job activities during your apprenticeship.
Senior Leader Degree Apprenticeship
(graduate with Executive MBA)
- Level 7: Masters in Business Administration plus Chartered Manager/Fellow with the CMI
- Suitable for people moving into or developing within a senior management role
- Multiple starting points during the year: October, January, March or June
For more information on our degree apprenticeship programmes, call us on +44(0)1904 876603 or email email@example.com